Monday, September 17, 2012

Music Monday #16

I thought I would do another Korean music one for Music Monday today.  This is a Kpop song that is doing the rounds at the moment but with a bit of a difference as this one is sung all in English. With Kpop having such a limited audience with its Korean consumers often if they want to broaden their appeal groups/singers will release albums in other languages.  Most notably in Japanese as Kpop is hugely popular in Japan but also sometimes in English.

Kim Junsu or Xia (pronounced shee-a) as he is know is a popular figure in the Korean media. He is an actor and a well know Kpop musician for groups both current and past. He has also recently branched out into solo work with his music. As you might have gathered from previous posts I'm not a fan of Kpop - it's just not my thing.  However I do live in Korea and this blog is about living in Korea so I feel that I should show some of its music along the way.  I chose this one because I wanted to show that many Kpop artists are recording in English, it's not perfect or anything but he gives it a good try and it works out fine for the song. The video for the song is pretty silly too but like I said, he gets points for singing the whole song in English.

Kim Junsu (Xia) - Uncommitted

No comments:

Post a Comment