Thursday, April 12, 2012

Suwon Immigration Office (Gyeonggi-do)

The Suwon Immigration Office in Gyeonggi-do covers the areas of:

Gunpo, Uiwang, Suwon, Yongin, Osan, Icheon, Anseong, Hwaseong, Pyeongtaek, Gwangju, Yangpyeonggun, Yeojugun

If you are a resident in one of these areas then this is the immigration office that you will need to visit.

The Address of Suwon Immigration Office is:

1012-6, Yeong-tong dong, Yeong-tong gu, Suwon
(in front of Bandal Park and next to the Yeongtong Social Welfare Center)

Directions to Suwon Immigration Office:

The Suwon Immigration is located beside Bandal Park in Yeong-tong. Please note it is nowhere near any of the train stations so if you get the subway in you will need to get a bus over to Yeong-tong from the station.

From Suwon station (outside AK Plaza go to the bus stop on the right as you come out of the station) take bus 5, 7, 7-2, 9, 310 or 900. Get off at 'Yeongiljung' (about 12 stops or so) start walking in the direction of the bus that you just got off for a couple of minutes and you will see Yeong-il Middle School (its a really big school so you can't miss it). Walk in the direction so that you go around the back of the school. The immigration office is to the left of the Culture Centre(?) beside Bandal Park.

Suwon Immigration Office

Further Information:

If you need any information about documents, visas or directions you should call 1345, This is the Immigration office helpline for all immigration offices in Korea and they have various languages available.

Process once you are at the Immigration Office:
(For re-newing your E-2 Visa)

1. Go to the 'Resident' Section of the first floor (its the biggest area)
2. As soon as you arrive, get a queue number (ticket) from the dispenser
3. Get an application form if you don't already have one, at the top tick 'Extension of Sojourn Period', and fill it out while you are waiting
4. Buy your 'Revenue Stamps', they cost 10,000KRW per stamp and you will need three (this is why you have to bring 30,000KRW with you).  At Suwon Immigration Office you can buy them from the small desk located behind the waiting area for the 'Resident' section.
5. When you ticket number finally comes up on the TV screen go to the desk that is showing your number and present all of your documentation.

Note: You will most probably need a copy of your school’s business registration ID number.  It will be a copy of a form in Korean that your school should provide you with. This is what my school did not give me the first time around, they then gave me two pieces of paper.  Not sure what they were exactly as it was all in Korean but this is why its a good idea to make sure you or your manager rings the hot line number 1345 to ensure that you have everything before you go.

Further Note: Take a book with you - I made a decent start on 'The Girl who Played with Fire' during my wait.

1 comment: